Monday, May 4, 2009

Natural Sponges


Today I was at Wal-mart (don't judge - I needed some storage containers and didn't feel like spending a thousand dollars on them). But I picked up some sponges while I was there, and found these - Natural Sponges from Scotch Brite. They jumped out to me because they were not dyed crazy bright colors like all the other sponges on the shelf.

The packaging says they are created from 50% natural agave plant(instead of petroleum based fibers for a portion of the scrubbing fibers), have recycled paper content(website says 23%), and are 100% natural. I'm not sure about the addition of the scrubbing side to the sponge - does that involve some kind of glue?

The website pushed that they are biodegradable, but doesn't give any other detail, and though it does claim that agave replaces a portion of the scrubbing fibers, it does not specify that no petroleum based fibers were used.

No comments: