Sunday, December 30, 2007

Lifekind Products

I guess I'm officially on the Organic Lifestyle mailing list...I got a catalog in the mail on Friday from Lifekind - Organic and Naturally SaferTM Products & Catalog with Hazardous Ingredients Glossary.

It's full of things like Organic Bed Linens, Natural Rubber Pillows, Mattresses, Hepa filters, Naturally Safer Cleaning and lundry products, Organic Baby products, Water Declorinators, and much more.



I'd like to buy the Natural Rubber hide-A-Bed Mattress, for my vintage sofa bed but it's a little pricey at $1,095.

www.lifekind.com

1 comment:

sandra said...

A friend recently forwarded the 2007-2008 Lifekind Catalog to me. After reviewing the collateral piece and doing some research online, I remain on the fence as to the 'authenticity' of the brand, premise and product(s).

Two primary recurring statements baffle me quite frankly. The first is the repeated reference to one certifying agency deemed 'qualified' to set and regulate standards to determine authenticity of organic products.

Unfortunately, exclusive of the USDA's 'work' and attempts to monitor same in the food and beverage industry, there is NO such equivalent in the domestic US. The highest standard for certification remains with the NL based group SKAL.

The second matter was repeated reference to product as "certified organic egyptian cotton.' As of yesterday, Egypt does not export organic ELS cotton. Egyptian Cotton is indeed grown in Egypt but is not certified and only an estimated 15% of exported producted can even be attributed to being of an ELS staple.

I am on the fence...